My guest this week is saxophone player Johnny 'Bones'. Johnny has been touring with The California Honeydrops for close to decade and he displays some serious skills on the sax. His solos are memorable to anyone attending a Honeydrops show. Johnny's approach to touring, his diet and his focus on health of mind, body and soul are an inspiration.
In this conversation:
- Johnny's path and why/how he went plant-based and how that decision has affected his ability to thrive on the road, overall wellbeing and happiness.
- Thee crucial role that meditation, mindfulness and yoga have played in his life.
- When Johnny began to feel that classic 'run down' feeling after years on the road and how living a plant-based diet helped to turn that around.
- Connections between musicians and athletes as performance based mindsets where you must be at your highest level night after night and the discipline that it takes to maintain that consistency
- Books, Documentaries and other sources that have significantly changed Johnny's life and provided inspiration along the way
Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast in iTunes: